Monday, January 11, 2016

Nevada Trip Journal: November, Wednesday 18, 2015 Yerington, NV

Nevada Trip Journal: November, Wednesday 18, 2015 Yerington, NV



















Had a pleasant visit at my hotel room with Gail Kendall.  Gail is the historian for the South Lyon Health Center Ladies Auxiliary.  We have only been Facebook friends for a few months, but after our meeting I feel like we have been friends for a long time.  She invited me to the hospital’s Ladies Auxiliary's luncheon tomorrow which I agreed to attend.  I am hoping to see some old faces from the days when my mother was hospital administrator.

 

Linda Edwards came by around 1:30 pm.  She acted as my chauffeur driving me around to take pictures for future Yerington Monday posts.  Afterwards we went to her house for a great visit and catch up time.  Thanks Linda.  The first picture above is Linda and me in Chorus, (first row on right Linda with me next to her, 1965).  The second picture is me with Linda, little Troy, & Richard Tooley during a Long Beach, CA visit in 1968.  Believe it or not, I was 7 months pregnant.  Linda is one of my “first friends” as we went to school from the 1-12 grades.


Most of the day I had to push.  I think this trip to Yerington finally wore me down a little, so didn’t do much today.  “My spirit was willing, but my flesh was a little week.”  I have good days and bad days - this was not my best.  Please help me pray for a good day on Friday’s Meetup, I really, really, really want this to be a great day for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin